Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-A115M DVD-Drive won´t open

Muskelbiber
Visitor

VGN-A115M DVD-Drive won´t open

Hi all

i have bought today a Vaio VGN-A115M Notebook. Ok, it works fine so far. But one problem i have.

When i pressing the Button left of the Drive it won´t open. First when i press the button on the Drive directly it opens. I think that isn´t normal. Or is this Button only for Show ?

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Sorry I am confused.
You're pressing on the eject key on the drive and it won't eject, or in My Computer?

nick_pan
Visitor

im confused too...although i gather he means, that the button on his actual drive fails to open the drive...

Though on right clicking the drive within in windows and selecting eject? it does open..

or is it the other way around?

anyway, if im correct...no that button isnt for show! it could be a hardware fault and then its up to you to contact sony and arrange a pickup etc...

you may not think its worth the hastle tho if you can open the drive thru windows although i would find it quite annoying

TygerTyger
Visitor

It's a bloody big problem if you can't get into Windows........get it fixed by Sony Muskel.

kee-lo_

Totally agree
I wouldn't put up with it

ZyRaIN
Visitor

hehe guys, I can see that you havent worked with an A series laptop, the button he is reffering to is a button next to the drive it is like this on the a series on the right side.

The problem exists if you have reinstalled your computer with your own Windows and not used the recovery procedure. When you have installed it by your selv you need to install the software so the button is activated, not the same as a normal dvd drive.. Hope it works..

you can find all the drivers you need at www.vaio-link.com

TygerTyger
Visitor

Lucky we got you around Zyrain.....

One button on the DVD drive and one right next to it? What's the second button for then.

kee-lo_

Thanks for the info.

ZyRaIN
Visitor

Great that I actually can be of assistance:)

Well, there is also a button on the dvd driver but this is like the "jam" button on a normal driver the one where you use a clips to open it, And on the A series there is a very small pin you can push to get the drive opend, because you cant use the main button before your inside of windows.. Hope you understand what im trying to explain :slight_smile:

Im from Denmark

kee-lo_

I see what you mean.
Thats not very good for people who want to move to Linux is it?