Join now - be part of our community!

Waiting for network connection?

ZyRaIN
Visitor

Waiting for network connection?

Hi all,

I just have a quick question, when I start my a117s and im logged in to windows it takes about 2 - 3 minutes until i get the connection and msn and so on starts ? what can this be?

2 REPLIES 2
TygerTyger
Visitor

I have this problem and I would dearly love to know what is causing it because I can't find out anywhere. The only solution I could find elsewhere is that loading too many things at startup might cause it but I'm already down to the minimum. I think it's a management problem with Windows.

Kyo
Visitor

Hi guys,

I had the same problem as you guys. Very annoying! I tried everything in Windows and then it hit me.....why not download a new driver for the intel wireless 2200 BG Network Connection. I have the A115B Vaio, so I think you will have the same network connection. So now I let the intel drivers do everything, instead of Windows and so far everything works really good! This is the driver for Windows Xp home edition (works also after installing sp2):

http://support.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/pro2200bg/sb/CS-010623.htm

I hope it works for you guys, and remember: the readme is important, you must first install the drivers and then the management utility, but read it for yourself, it will become clear once you download it.

Good Luck!