Who Me Too'd this topic

x8000783
Explorer

Windows 10 upgrade pre 2011 VAIO

"Please note that Sony will not be providing Windows 10 support for VAIO computers manufactured before 2011, which were sold with versions of Windows preceding Windows 7 Service Pack 1 as the pre-installed operating system."

I have a perfectly good Vaio PCG-8112M, that falls into this category and works well especially since I ungraded to Windows 7 myself mainly because the original Vista system was falling apart.

I am now ready to take advantage of the Microsoft Offer to move to Windows 10 and I find that I am blocked due to custom built NVIDIA drivers that Sony do not intend to make available for this upgrade. If the strategy behind this is to force me to purchase an up-to-date Sony product then they are sadly mistaken.

I presume the NVIDIA are not allowed to make their generic drivers available on these models due to legal issues but of course, I may be wrong on that. I would be interested to hear what Sony's defence of this apparently disgraceful decision is and whether anyone has figured a way to get around this restriction.

I am new here, do Sony have a presence and do they read or answer posts?

Thanks all.

Who Me Too'd this topic