Join now - be part of our community!

Battery does not charge beyond 80%

SOLVED
bbh
Visitor

Battery does not charge beyond 80%

Whilst travelling overseas in April May noticed the battery would not charge beyond 80%. Assumed it was because of different power supply in Europe. However, I am finding the same issue in Australia. Have used different wall chargers and swopped usb cables and get the same result. Have left the device charging over night. Tried charging whilst the Tablet is powered off. Am running 5.1.1 

What can I do to fix this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@bbh

You could repair the phone with XC, see if that works, if it doesn't then contact your Local support

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@bbh

You could repair the phone with XC, see if that works, if it doesn't then contact your Local support

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

profile.country.GB.title
migube
Explorer

I have quite similar issue

I connected a small USB power/Voltage meter, it says e.g. 1,1A on a 2A charger, and 600mA on the PC.
still stops a second to charge continues, then stops (screen on), then continues, till 94% max this time.
the issue is that once 94% is reached it puts screen on, and starts to discharge, not charge, or charges again, then discharge, so it doesn't actually stop at 94% and stop, but due to screen popping up doesn'gets quite hot

Magnetic charge just says on /off/on/off all the time.

running MM 6.0.1 almost fresh install (3 days)

bbh
Visitor

I ran the repair process and atte mpted to charge the tablet, but it only reached 80%. Started in safe mode and was able to charge to 100%. I then ran the battery down and charged the battery in normal mode and appears to be fixed and is charging fully in normal mode.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Sony support came up with the same tactic. The extra step of trying in safe mode was the only addition. Not sure why safe mode should make a difference.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@bbh

Safe mode disable third party apps that could be causing issues.

Odeeman1
Visitor

The same problem am facing highest my battery life is 92% don't know why