Join now - be part of our community!

BKB50 Keyboard Problems

philr
Visitor

BKB50 Keyboard Problems

Hi Guys

Had the Z4 tablet for few days which is working brilliantly and im loving it, but the BKB50 keyboard that came with it doesn't work.

Ive have paired and connected the kekeyboard via both NFC and Bluetooth, and it will connect for a few seconds and let me type about 3 letters or use mouse for few seconds before it disconnects then it will not reconnect until I unpair and pair it again only for same thing to happen again.

I have tried the keyboard with several different devices and the same thing continues to happpen.

Anybody had this issue?

Also does the power button do anything? As I am unable to turn the keyboard off and the white light continues to flash in random blinks. I left it overnight it unconnected overnight but is still flashing now.

I have tried, long presses, short presses, individual button, both Bluetooth and power button together and pressing mouse and normal keys and still cannot get it to stop or change its blinking.

Im positive the tablet is OK as paired other devices to test ans all worked perfectly.

Thanks in advance.
35 REPLIES 35
Christian1990
Visitor

I'm having the same problem, Whats the number you called? 

profile.country.GB.title
moonlighthunter
Explorer

Hi all. Does anyone know if it is possible to turn off the screen keyboard while using BKB50 keyboard? If yes could you tell how. I am using the Office Word and the screen keyboard keeps popping up so annoying when i am trying to do some work. I am sure you had the same problem with other things like using the browsers.

thanks

Dawnty
Visitor

Help my keyboard seems to have stopped working. The Bluetooth  light keeps flashing blue, it looks like it's connected. I've tried dropping off the Bluetooth, turning my z4 off completely and also resetting the keyboard but whatever I try I just cannot get the keyboard to work.  Any suggestions or have I got a faulty keyboard?

Zampano
Visitor

Hi,

are you sure your keyboard is not connecting to another device in close range like your mobile or PC?

BR

Zampano

Dawnty
Visitor

Yes I'm sure it's not connecting to anything else.

Parfen
Visitor

I use Xperia Tablet Z4 + BKB50 for 7 months. Sometimes, after updates, it took several minutes to connect BKB50 to tablet and use it for typing. I didn't use keyboard more then month. I updated tablet to Android 6.0.1. Build number 32.2.A.0.253. Now keyboard does't work with Xperia Tablet Z4. After turning on keyboard: white light is on (constantly, whithout blinking). There is entry in Settings -> Bluetooth -> paired devices: BKB50. When I press it tablet is trying to connect for about 30 seconds (string "connecting..." appiars). If I press any keyboard button then "connecting..." immidiatly disappiars. I tryied this a couple douzens of times. So, there is some connection between BKB50 and Xperia Z4 Tablet. But I spent two days trying to type something without success. After last update BKB50 doesn't type and there is no toolbar in the bottom of the screen as it was before. Could xperia team please fix this - I bought this device mainly because it has (had) compatible keyboard. I regret that I have updated device. Thanks in advance.

MarkSmirnov
Visitor

It's me Parfen. I bought new BKB50 (urgently need device in business trip). in the shop it connected immediatly without any difficulties. After some time I press button that invokes blue blinking and the story repeated for the second BKB50. But I found workaround  - I deleted BKB50 from known bluetooth devices and then BKB50 connected to Xperia Z4 Tablet successfully. So, probably, when I retun home I will own two BKB50.

profile.country.en_GB.title
libaine59
Visitor

I love using my BKB50 with Sony Xperia tablet.  It's worked well for 5 months and then suddenly it's stopped working.  The tablet is showing the keyboard as connected, and when I try to type something, the keyboard's not working and the on-screen keyboard pops up.  Any suggestions please?

JonC1
Contributor

The BKB50 is charged, yes?  (Sorry, silly question but I found mine lasts around 5-6 months on one charge)

mat1uk
Visitor

did you ever solve this issue? mine connects and mouse pad works but it will not register any key presses. help!!!!!!!