Join now - be part of our community!

Can't do Screen Mirroring (miracast) and WiFi connection simultaneously

SOLVED
thanawat
Visitor

Can't do Screen Mirroring (miracast) and WiFi connection simultaneously

Why is it that when I use screen mirroring (miracast) it have to disconnect me from wifi? All my samsung product phone + tablet can use miracast and wifi the same time. Is this a software bug or hardware limitation cause if its hardware limitation i can return it before my refund period runs out. Its pretty usless for me to do screen mirroring without access to wifi (want to stream video of internet from wifi to my TV).

35 REPLIES 35
sonysugar
Visitor

Why is the wi-fi disabled when running screen mirroring to TV from my Xperia Z tablet?

Daniél
Visitor

Running 4.4.2 now, it still doesn´t work. Guess it never will.

Next phone will not be a Sony, thats for sure.

Xand94
Visitor

Hello there, I am using this cable at the moment and I am knew to this tablet. However, like has been said I cannot seem to stream things whilst using it? Please inform me of what I can do if anything?

Many thanks

XC

Jimharber
Visitor

I had the same problem and it is all about the order in which you do things.

To get it to work, first select screen mirorring on your TV and then connect to your tablet.

On my TV (Sony) I press the input button (HDMI etc) and select screen mirroring. Because I have already paired my device, I don't have to do anything else.

Then, I go back to watching normal TV.

I then grab my tablet, select miracast and connect to the TV. The TV then displays my android device screen and both devices remain connected to the web.

However, If you are in the screen mirroring page on your TV and you try to connect via Miracast from your tablet, you will be told that "this device will disconnect from WiFif...."

But if you are just watching BBC1 (or whatever), your tablet will connect and your TV will display your tablet without either disconnecting from WiFi.

Really strange that this happens but strange things do happen with IT.

FriendlyDutch
Visitor

@Rickardwrote:

This has been investigated and unfortunately it will not be possible to support Screen Mirroring and WiFi connection at the same time in Tablet Z.

Is this just on the Z? I also cannot get it to work on my L1. (It works fine on my Huawei P10, Android 7.0.0.) I can connect with WiFi Direct but can't Cast.
Tags (1)
FriendlyDutch
Visitor

@Jimharberwrote:

I had the same problem and it is all about the order in which you do things.

To get it to work, first select screen mirorring on your TV and then connect to your tablet.

On my TV (Sony) I press the input button (HDMI etc) and select screen mirroring. Because I have already paired my device, I don't have to do anything else.

Then, I go back to watching normal TV.

I then grab my tablet, select miracast and connect to the TV. The TV then displays my android device screen and both devices remain connected to the web.

However, If you are in the screen mirroring page on your TV and you try to connect via Miracast from your tablet, you will be told that "this device will disconnect from WiFif...."

But if you are just watching BBC1 (or whatever), your tablet will connect and your TV will display your tablet without either disconnecting from WiFi.

Really strange that this happens but strange things do happen with IT.

Hey Sony folks, you why is this not marked as solution rather than the current non-solution?