Join now - be part of our community!

Dual boot advice for SVD1321C5E

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
timauluck
Explorer

Dual boot advice for SVD1321C5E

Hi there,

Can anyone please tell me what’s the best way to partition a Sony Vaio SVD1321C5E in order to dual boot? I've currently got Windows 8.1 Pro x64 which I upgraded from Windows 8 Pro x64 which came with the tablet back in August 2013 as a recovery partition and created a recovery media using the Sony Recovery Manager on to a USB stick. I basically want to dual boot the tablet with both Windows 8 Pro x64 that came with the tablet and either Windows 8.1 Pro x64 or Windows 10 Pro x64 once there is an official trial for Windows 10 Pro x64 as the second OS so I can begin testing drivers for the later OSs so I am prepared for the OS migration in April 2024 as Microsoft will stop supporting Windows 8 and 8.1 around this month. Your help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

RocknRollTim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
timauluck
Explorer

Update

Unfortunately there is no easy way of going about this apart from starting from a clean state which will require deleting all volumes using an OEM media i.e. Windows 8 and allocating this OS with 250 GB of space out of the 500 GB hard disk space which is installed within my tablet and not using the recovery media that came preinstalled with the tablet. Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 will need to be installed alongside using separate media and allocated the same amount of space as Windows 8. You will need the product key to hand and is provided with the unit on a piece of card. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
timauluck
Explorer

Update

Unfortunately there is no easy way of going about this apart from starting from a clean state which will require deleting all volumes using an OEM media i.e. Windows 8 and allocating this OS with 250 GB of space out of the 500 GB hard disk space which is installed within my tablet and not using the recovery media that came preinstalled with the tablet. Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 will need to be installed alongside using separate media and allocated the same amount of space as Windows 8. You will need the product key to hand and is provided with the unit on a piece of card.