Join now - be part of our community!

Is the Z4 the last Sony tablet?

AnnoyedUKCustom
Contributor

Is the Z4 the last Sony tablet?

I post the question here as the Z4 is the latest Sony tablet but now it also looks like it will be the last. Does anybody know of any plans to intruduce new Android tablets or has Sony given up on the market?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

I hope not, I really do.
It's been a discussion amongst some of us on here and God knows how many times I've said "oh for sure they'll show off tablet Z5, tablet X, tablet XZ etc)
For now, my Z4 still beats all other android tablets around the park but would really, REALLY like to see a 10.1-12" revision with a 4k panel.
But even now at nearly 2 years old, Z4 still feels great.
profile.country.SE.title
zzcool
Explorer

I have the tablet z4 but I never use it as I can't stop using my tablet z2 I adore this tablet it's the best tablet I've ever owned it's a shame z4 didn't get an ir blaster 

joyofmvid
Visitor

I too have a Sony Xperia Z4 tablet and would love to see a new Sony tablet. Hopefully, the new tablet would include:

- a camera equal to the Sony Smartphone (tablet users do desire great photos)

- IR

- more RAM (4GB or more)

- more internal storage (minimum 64GB, prefer 128GB)

- great sounding speakers with decent bass and with an equalizer

- fastest CPU available for that particular year of release

Lastly, please Sony permit Canada to buy directly from the Sony online store.

azzido
Enthusiast

I join the questions here. 
Is Sony going to release a new version of a tablet? 

I would like to buy one, especially if it would run windows 10 like Microsoft Surface does. 
If still Android,I would like to see XZ Premium tablet. 
128GB of internal storage nad 4GB of RAM with Snap 835 would be great. Tablets needs more internal storage than phones. I agree to use the latest camera and flash led as well. Battery Sony, bigger battery please.