Join now - be part of our community!

New FW 32.3.A.2.33 on horizon!

profile.country.DE.title
SirRobin
Contributor

New FW 32.3.A.2.33 on horizon!

A few minutes ago i´ll checked the FW infor in xperiafirm and there is a new build for the first regions:

FW 32.3.A.2.33 

Anyone knows something about that? A bugfix release? Or could this be Android 7.1? I think not, i´ll hope for a fix four sound problems... Slightly_smiling_Face

--
Gruß Sir Robin
--> KD-55XE9305 --
11 REPLIES 11
Kamranjaved
Visitor

I have also updated my xperia z5 dual half an hour ago and its show same nougat 7.0 but new build number 32.3.A.2.33

I also dont know about this update whether its bug fixed or something else. Or its maybe very low sound problem fix

If someone know whats new included in this update kindly rply

Urbanos
Visitor

March 2017 security update.  likely nothing else.

Partha1b
Visitor

@Urbanos wrote:

March 2017 security update.  likely nothing else.

On which tablet? The Z4 is not getting any updates since it's still at August 2016 security level.

JonC1
Contributor

That's odd Partha1b; my Z4 tablet has Nougat & security level December ....Screenshot_20170405-183945.png

Partha1b
Visitor

@JonC wrote:

That's odd Partha1b; my Z4 tablet has Nougat & security level December ....

Odd indeed. I have a Z4 tablet and it's showing Marshmellow and security level August 2016 ...

Model number: SGP771

Android Version: 6.0.1

Android Security Patch Level: August 1, 2016

Hence my statement...

JonC1
Contributor

Well you may know that Sony is recalled the Z series Nougat update a number of times, and they seem to re-release the firmware in a particular country sequence.  Maybe your Z4 just happens to be at the end of the country list, and therefore it's never had the update?  Just a guess.

Partha1b
Visitor

@JonC wrote:

Well you may know that Sony is recalled the Z series Nougat update a number of times, and they seem to re-release the firmware in a particular country sequence.  Maybe your Z4 just happens to be at the end of the country list, and therefore it's never had the update?  Just a guess.

OK thanks. I was thinking you have some "insider track". Slightly_smiling_Face

As I mentioned in the 'software update' forum, other people seem to be in the same boat. 

I would think that a company as big as Sony would be able to afford fast servers in all countries they service. Slightly_frowning_Face

Jimroy
Visitor

I updated my LTE Z4 Tablet to the new O2 UK Pay Monthly 32.3.A.2.33 version this past week. I had to do it via the Companion app though as it's still not available via the OTA download stream and Xperia Support is saying that .376 is still the latest. 

And this is after getting emails from Support saying there's a new update for my device. Anyway, I haven't seen this happen for a while. And I notice there isn't a Customised UK version posted yet. The two usually come in tandem. Last time the customised versions of both were the same.

The previous .376 update got rid of the O2 splash screen on start up. That has continued over. I unlocked my device after my contract finished, so it definately feels and looks like it now.

Apart from the new March 1st security patch I'll have to see how it goes.

The previous update lost me a day in battery life, got rid of the O2 add-on/inserted splash screen and increased the volume of my speakers. 

profile.country.DE.title
SirRobin
Contributor

Recieved the update a few minutes ago in germany with a provider free z4 Tablet LTE.

@Emir @CameronT One bug i´ve found is the incorrect translation in the sounds menu. 

Notification volume, media volume, alarm volume is shown in english even when language in device is set to german..

Screenshot_20170410-105001.png

--
Gruß Sir Robin
--> KD-55XE9305 --