Join now - be part of our community!

Power\lock button does not working

3omda619
Visitor

Power\lock button does not working

Dear Sony, 

I bought the Xperia Z Tablet LTE 16g about a month ago.

Now the power button and the headphone port are not working anymore and I don't know why.

Today my battery drained and I can't turn it on again and I don't know what to do.

please HELP!!!!!

73 REPLIES 73
Zam
Visitor

Exact same problem here on same device.

The power button and the headset port suddenly stopped working one day.

Luckily it manage to power itself on after a minute when its plugged in the computer with Sony PC companion on.

If you have trouble, try holding in the volume up or volume down as you plug the USB. Hope it works out.

I started flashing custom roms after that horrible 4.2 update came out, but now I'm trying to find the original stock kernel again so I can use the PC companion repair tool, maybe it will work.

iy1215
Visitor

WOW! I have the same problem too. I didn't drop or anything. Did you fix it? 

iy1215
Visitor

Few days ago, all of a sudden the power switch, headphone jack and speakers stop working. I didn't drop it, put it under water or spill liquid on it or anything. It seems like there were few people who had the same problem as this: 

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Tablet-Z/Power-lock-button-does-not-working/m-p/370981/highligh...

I just talked to the Xperica Care and am going to send it to them. I am wondering what is going to happen to my tablet. Or please let me know anything that can be helpful in a situation like this. I really have no clue why this happened and what's going to happen with sony. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to prove that it was my fault and that I might have dropped it or somehow damaged it. 

Rickard
Master

Not sure what could cause these problems. It needs to be investigated by a service location to find what's wrong and how it can be fixed.

jgra1974
Visitor

I have thé same problem,,, so i must send away the tablet or?? 

RIghnatios
Visitor

Same with mine. was watching Netflix... everything worked fine. Locked the screen for 5 minutes, came back and then headphone and power button no longer worked... I've had the tablet for barely 3 months now.

castlemj
Visitor

I have the exact same problem, on the same device (the 16gb LTE model, number SGP-351). As the others reported, I was using the tablet normally (web browsing, google maps app), then noticed that pressing the power button did not turn off the screen as usual. Also, when headphones are plugged in to the device, no sound comes out of them and sound continues to come from the tablet speakers.

Does anyone know whether perfoming a full reset to factory settings could remedy this problem?

I am going to need the tablet while traveling the next few weeks, so I don't want to test the hard reset or return to Sony for replacement just yet, but will be contacting Sony as soon as I return...

Very disappointed to see an apparent hardware defect on what is basically a brand new device (I've had it less than 2 months and treated it very gently). 

castlemj
Visitor

I can confirm that removing all cards (microsd and sim) and performing a hard reset to factory settings does not fix the problem. Will be returning the tablet to Sony for repair or replacement.

ecosse01
Visitor

Had exactly the same thing with my 3 week old Tablet Z, thankfully bought from Amazon so no nonsense swap out. Hard reset will not resolve, this is mechanical, I'd haven't guess that the action of inserting or removingheadphones is dislodging something under thrower button...