Join now - be part of our community!

Power\lock button does not working

3omda619
Visitor

Power\lock button does not working

Dear Sony, 

I bought the Xperia Z Tablet LTE 16g about a month ago.

Now the power button and the headphone port are not working anymore and I don't know why.

Today my battery drained and I can't turn it on again and I don't know what to do.

please HELP!!!!!

73 REPLIES 73
eklem
Visitor

So, nothing? Just happened to me. Pretty useless device without possibility to turn off and get sound out through mini-jack. Should I just send it back to the store and demand my money back?

Amok1
Visitor

I still have this problem.
Look as though they don't give a rats-**bleep** about it.
The techs here are useless, just tell you to follow the repair guidelines which is a complete joke when your power button doesn't work.
I tried multiple times as you need at least 50% power so you have to drain your battery till it switches off (bcos your button doesn't work) then recharge to repair.
I have completed and wiped the tablet 5 times and guess what? It doesn't work.
They reckon is hardware but the speaker play notification sounds......
Rickard
Master

If the power button doesn't work even after a software repair you need to contact a service location or local Sony Xperia support (http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/) to have your tablet repaired/replaced. This is not something that we can fix through a software update.

Amok1
Visitor

The problem is you guys don't cover international warranty, I purchased the tablet at Melbourne airport and they sent me an international warranty but the contact centre in NZ said it was impossible.
Rickard
Master

Sorry to hear that you can't get a warranty repair in your country. We don't have international warranty so depending on where you bought it and where you're located you may have to return it to the country where it was sold for warranty. In the box you should have a warranty document saying where your warranty is valid.

pinnball
Visitor

Same problem as all others in this thread . Got My tablet z in Januari. Worked for a couple of weeks. Then The phoneplugs stopped working and a few days later The on off switch stopped working. Sent it to repair and it was fixed. The new one worked for a few weeks Then The powerbutton intermittent stopped working. I use The cover to wake and close and have set dubbleclick screening on to be able to use the tablet. I alla sees that The battery doesnt drain. I cant reboot The tablet and cant sent it again to repair If not Sony can guarantee that they found The rootcause so I can get it properly Fixed.
Question to Sony: Have you found The rootcause to this problem yet?
eklem
Visitor

So, if I understand correctly, I need a PC with Windows installed to do a software repair? Currently I "only" have a Mac with OSX and a PC with Ubuntu.

eklem
Visitor

If what ecosse01 says is right this is not a good product/product batch. My tablet has almost only been standing in the docking stand. No traveling, only jacking the minijackplug in/out every now and then. Had it for approximately 4 months before it happened.

@ecosse01 wrote:
Had exactly the same thing with my 3 week old Tablet Z, thankfully bought from Amazon so no nonsense swap out. Hard reset will not resolve, this is mechanical, I'd haven't guess that the action of inserting or removingheadphones is dislodging something under thrower button...
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

You can use sony bridge for MAC.

alexdon
eklem
Visitor

@alexdon wrote:

You can use sony bridge for MAC.

Thanks, testing the software repair after draining battery.