Join now - be part of our community!

Power\lock button does not working

3omda619
Visitor

Power\lock button does not working

Dear Sony, 

I bought the Xperia Z Tablet LTE 16g about a month ago.

Now the power button and the headphone port are not working anymore and I don't know why.

Today my battery drained and I can't turn it on again and I don't know what to do.

please HELP!!!!!

73 REPLIES 73
leeming
Visitor

It took me a while to get it right as I was scared of breaking something... in the end I managed to click it back by putting the tablet face down on a hard flat table top and pressing with my thumb just to the side of the jack / power button. Quite firmly.

Obviously there is a risk associated and it might invalidate warranty. But it got mine back again

I think its a great tablet, and that is the only weakness with this product. As long as I don't plug things in to it (I have the charging cradle and use bluetooth for file exchange) I remain happy.

eklem
Visitor

EDIT: Ah, sorry, this was supposed to be a reply to Divadgr!

Hi leeming, I haven't done that, but thanks for the reminder. Here's some photos.

It's 23 millimeters in from the short side (the one with the power/lock-button)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eklem/16762011665/in/photostream/

and 35 millimeters in from the long side

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eklem/16736134386/in/photostream/

Hope that helps, let me know how it goes!

eklem
Visitor

I think you have to press fairly hard, and just on the right spot to connect it again. You'll hear a small 'click'. When I glue the back plate back on, I'll first make a hole in it so I can use a small rod to press the contact back on. To keep dust from entering, I'll use a sticker or something. The contact will for certain pop off after a while.

eklem
Visitor

Check a couple of posts back! Added a post with photos, but replied the wrong user.

Antti60
Visitor

Thanks. Button works again

jonhleno
Visitor

Thanks man!
It did work properly!

Divadgr
Visitor

Thanks to everyone for your help with this topic.

I didn't succeed in popping the connection back on my tablet, no matter how much pressing gently, pressing hard or bashing my tablet I did.

I did find out how to start the tablet without the button though

Previously I was able to get it to start by holding the volume down button while plugging the tablet into my PC but that didn't work today.

I finally downloaded and installed Sony's flash tool called EMMA, 

/t5/Android-development/EMMA-Sony-Flash-tool-for-Xperia-devices/td-p/307318

http://developer.sonymobile.com/services/flash-tool/how-to-download-and-install-the-flash-tool/

Starting EMMA while the tablet is plugged into the computer starts the tablet.

I hope that helps someone

PvN
Visitor

@whiteharring @eklem you guys absolutely rule!

The gentle pressing (after seeing the photos for the right spot) resulted in a "click" and yes my great tablet is back!

Thank you so much!

eklem
Visitor

Nice to hear it actually helped someone @PvN !:smileyhappy:

Dhing1
Visitor

Please help...my power button/screenshot button/lock button for Sony experia c3 dual sim is not functioning.. What am I going to do?thank you in advance for those willing to respond to my query.