Join now - be part of our community!

Screen Repair Z4 Tablet

chuchiplasencia
Visitor

Screen Repair Z4 Tablet

Hello,

I sent to Sony Assistant Servicce my Xperia Z4 Tablet the 2nd of January to repair my broken screen.

I paid 472€ for that but after almost 4 months they havent been able to repaired ir yet.

What should I do?

I've already fullfill several complaints, Send over 30 emails, phone calls....

In your website it is said that you return the product fixed within 10 days!!!!

It is obvious that someone has cheated on me but right now I believe that you can't repair Z4 Tablet Screens an thats something important to know for someone thinking of buying one.

Please, I just want my tablet back....Is it to much to ask for?

23 REPLIES 23
Emil
Enthusiast

Hi @chuchiplasencia,

I'm very sorry to hear this. Since you have already started a case with your Local support, I recommend that you continue your contact with them.

This is a global forum and service procedures can differ depending on country/region. For this reason your local support team is better equipped to assist with service and warranty related questions.

chuchiplasencia
Visitor

Hi,

I'm sorry for keeping writing about my problems, but It’s a kind of a relief for me to be able to express my disappointment with the Sony Xpery Assistant Servicce.

Along this time (almost 4 months) I've talked to a lot of people….Phone, emails, chat….

First thing that really got me shocked was the fact that you can manage all the repairing process through internet…Actually I tried to do it using the phone and they told me that the whole process is online (If it works is pretty cool)

But then when you try to make a complaint it needs to be by sending to them the physical complaint.

So….It’s easy to pay but really difficult to complaint….Does it sound weird?

Then, even though I bought the tablet in the sony mobile store and that it was successfully registered at their website….(Where you can see all the details) they asked for a physical copy of the purchase bill to keep with the complaint procedure, and what’s more indecent, a copy of the repairing process I was complaining about and that I’d already paid (472€).

Well….I did everything and never get any message…..

Actually I don’t get messages. I just got one email the day after I paid the repair saying that there was a delay and that they would keep me updated.

Nothing more for the next 4 Months!!!

Everytime I wanted to know about the process It was me trying to reach the assistant service….

Once that It was obvious that this wasn’t working they told me that I could complaint if I wanted (I told you before the nightmare complaint procedure) but that as they have no more information….There was nothing they could do.

And then I have to ask them again about the complaint and about the repairing progress….Saying always the same answer…. I could complaint if I wanted but that as they have no more information….There was nothing they could do.

And we are talking about more than 30 emails….

Actually they refused to admit that the time for the repairing process is 5-10 days…even though it is in their website and that’s what they promote in the phone calls.

I was shocked…..so then I sent them an screenshot of their website and they said that yes, it was written like that in the web but that this is not necessary the time for it because it may take longer….(What the **bleep**???!!!!)

And again, I could complaint if I wanted but that as they have no more information….There was nothing they could do.

I had to fulfill another government complaint….Again nothing….Blablabla

I had to join an organization to protect users so that they could try to reach them…Again, another formal complaint, and again, blablabla

As it was supposed to take just 5-10 days I didn’t remove the memory card (My fault)…so I asked them to send it to me…..No, my fault they don’t have to

I tried to convince them explaining the situation…Again, no and that I could complaint if I wanted but that as they have no more information….There was nothing they could do.

I’ve tried to cancel the repairing process several times as it is in the same point since the last 9th January (The website shows the progress)…. Again, no and that I could complaint if I wanted but that as they have no more information….There was nothing they could do.

This is an actual tablet, an already paid repairing process and an indecent way of behavior.

I just don’t know what else I could do….

I used the tablet everyday for work and with the baby and….Not anymore.

And my wife is reminding me everyday what the **bleep** is going on whit that.

Please, I’m desperate.

I’ve always been a keen on Sony products…(TV, PS4, Phone, Tablet) but I had to promise myself not to buy never again any of your products….

What did I do wrong?

Jesus

OMoses
Visitor

Ah, I see you've been dealt the classic Sony treatment. Don't worry, they do it to everyone. Your best hope is to cut your losses and never buy another product from Sony again. That's what I promised, after my Z4's screen broke randomly for no reason, and they offered repairs of $500. You can buy a new tablet with that money... Just stay away from Sony from now on, both for your wallets sake and your mental health. 

chuchiplasencia
Visitor

Hi OMoses,

Thanks for the answer and even though you're not telling me any possible way to fix my problem with Sony...I'ts always good (I'm sorry) to know that I'm not just the only "stupid".

The thing with my Tablet is that the whole situation is even worse.

I accepted the enormous repairing price, I paid for it the 9th of January and they haven't even started yet!!!!!

And to make it even grater....Before I paid the bill....they told me that it would take betwen 5-10 days.....After I paid....Here I am....Complaining in the Sony Xperia Forum.

That's absolutely disgusting!!!!

chuchiplasencia
Visitor

Hi everyone

Today it happened one of the weirdest thing during the whole process

Sony has finally decided to give me my Tablet Back (Obviously Broken) and to refund the money that I had paid in advance to fix it…..After 4 Months!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would it be incorrect to assume that Sony can’t repair one of their products who is currently in guarantee??? Maybe….But the other choice is that they can but they don’t have the spare pieces…Which is actually worse.

Anyway I’d like to courage you NOT TO BUY THIS DEVICE because you might not be able to fix it in case something happen.

After 4 months I have to say that this has been an innecesary and nightmare  that I didn’t deserve.

I’ve fulfilled and delivered 3 complaints without an answer so far….(Again, 4 months!)

And now I’m suing Sony (Again, more time and money)…

This has been my love story with the Sony Support Service.

chuchiplasencia
Visitor

Hi everyone,

I got an official answer for the complaints.

Nothing.

Despite de 4 months and de damage, and the loose of time and the awfull process….They have finished our relation Customer-Support Service when they send me back the unrepaired Tablet.

I’m in shock right now!

chuchiplasencia
Visitor

Hello Again,

Just a quick update.

Right now I'm dealing with a very mature and proffesional attitude coming from Sony Xperia Support Services.....They are not answering any of my emails

So far util they decided to conclude the "Repairing process" they had answered all my emails withing hours...Even though what they said was.... That They don't know anything...They still answered all my emails.

Since they decided to give me back my tablet (Still broken) after 4 months....5 emails....0 Answers...

As I said ...Very professional attitude guys

Well done

Jesus

Tags (1)
chuchiplasencia
Visitor

And I think this is it.

The refuse to answer any email.....

So pretty much all I can do is to hire a lawyer and sue them.

What other chances do I have?

The refuse to asume any of the responsabilities and damage that they have alredy confirmed that they have done to me......

Never get a phone call or an email that doens't was a reply...

See you soon Sony

hickory
Visitor

I have a Sony Z4 with a slightly cracked screen and have been told repeatedly by Sony that they will not repair it, even if I pay for it, and that a third party is my only choice. Has anyone found a third party who will do it? I walk into the repair shops, say "I have a cracked screen," they say "No problem, let me see it" and then they say "Sony? Oh, no, sorry we don't repair theirs and don't know anyone who does." How is that for buying a top brand and paying top money?