Join now - be part of our community!

Self cracking screen?

Tomz0r
Visitor

Self cracking screen?

A few hours ago I plugged my charger into my Xperia Z4 tablet and half an hour ago I wanted to check my mail and suddenly there is a huge crack on the screen. It stars just below the volume down button, at the top of the speaker(? Not sure what it is) and goes all the way across to the front-camera.
My tablet was charging on my desk and I'm 100% sure that no one has used it or could have damaged it.

Any advice on what I should do next?
26 REPLIES 26
lpat2001
Visitor

Hello, a few minutes ago after terrible screen reponse i realised a hair crack starting from the volume buttons and with an upward facing curve it ends just in the middle of the right speaker......my tablet has been in its box , stored , so the crack is totally unjustifiable.......well done SONY....tomorow I will go to he local Sony dealer....

OMoses
Visitor

Please update us on what happens next. I sincerely hope you're problem is solved, however we all know Sony's EXCELLENT reputation regarding these matters... As for me, I'm still trying to get through my carrier, but so far no give.

Best of luck

Koey
Visitor

wow it sound serious! i hope my tempered glass can hold it, im glad i had extended 2years warranty 

OMoses
Visitor

I had a tempered screen protector too, but its got nothing to do with that. I also have the extended 2 year warranty, but apparently this doesn't fall under it?
Koey
Visitor

Hv u tried send it to sonycenter? ihv no problem before, they even repaird my old z3 tab even tho no warranty for water dmg

OMoses
Visitor

Can you tell me which center you sent it to? I would really appreciate it thanks
Koey
Visitor

Owh its here, in malaysia

OMoses
Visitor

I guess the customer service must be better in Malaysia than in Australia lol
ThanhNguyen
Visitor

Hi Sony Support,

I have a similar problem. It started as unresponsive then I noticed a crack just above the volume. Then the crack starts to go through the other side. SO the tablet has only one single line crack and it is not working as the screen just go in touching randomly without me touching it. I am on a 24 months contract with Telstra and it is only one year passed. I don't want to keep paying for a service that not working properly for a fault that I didn't cause. 

Also, there are many people having the same problems. Why are there no answer from Sony representative?

Regards

Thanh

Richard_H1
Visitor

Mine has also cracked - not dropped or banged and was in a case with screen protector on - quoted £280 for repair !!

Is there a lawyer in the house?