Join now - be part of our community!

Self cracking screen?

Tomz0r
Visitor

Self cracking screen?

A few hours ago I plugged my charger into my Xperia Z4 tablet and half an hour ago I wanted to check my mail and suddenly there is a huge crack on the screen. It stars just below the volume down button, at the top of the speaker(? Not sure what it is) and goes all the way across to the front-camera.
My tablet was charging on my desk and I'm 100% sure that no one has used it or could have damaged it.

Any advice on what I should do next?
26 REPLIES 26
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

OMoses
Visitor

Has anyone got the cost of repair for an LCD digitizer in Australia? Sony's acting obtuse with me, and they're demanding I send my tablet to fonebiz. The thing is, they have a $60 extortion fee "for inspection" even if they dont repair it. So theres no way I'm going down that route.

ThanhNguyen
Visitor

Hi there,

I sent mine but no cover under warranty. The cost is $407. I rejected and paid $49.50! The tablet is useless now but more painful thing is that I have to keep paying Telstra $50 each month for one more year. I comment on Sony Mobile AU but they deleted my post. Well, I am up to a point that I will never buy a Sony product again.

Ps with that price you should buy a new tablet.

Thanh

MMaysEffect
Visitor

Is there a specific version this is happening to? I have the US version wifi/LTE in black and haven't had this problem yet. I purchased it new in 2017.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@MMaysEffect

There's no such thing as self cracking 

MMaysEffect
Visitor

That doesn't answer the question. 

andzz
Visitor

Exactly my conclusion.

If your sony tablet needs a new screen and it's totally unusable, just buy a new tablet preferably of a different brand with availability of spare parts and a decent customer support.

In my experience tablets from other big brands (samsung, asus, apple) are not as stilish as sony's but they are way more reliable and resistant.