Join now - be part of our community!

System UI stops after 6.0.1 update

Paulpaul1308
Visitor

System UI stops after 6.0.1 update

After updating to 6.0.1 marshmallow a few weeks ago, now I get an error saying systemui has stopped working and have to reboot the tablet. This happens at least once a day.

I have obtained a crash report.

Others have claimed that it was due to an SD card but I removed that same it still happens.

Is there a bug in the marshmallow update and if so when will it be fixed?

Who wants to see my crash report?

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

Didrik
Enthusiast

Hello @Paulpaul1308,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that. Slightly_frowning_Face

When are you receiving this error message? Is it when performing a specific action? For example, when starting a specific app. Is there any change if you boot you tablet without a SIM and/or SD-card inserted?

Are you able to re-create this behaviour if you reboot your device to safe mode? If so, I would advise that you continue with @nolramlb's suggestion and perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. Note that this will reset your device and you should make a backup using Xperia Companion first.

If you perform a software repair, please check if you still experience this behaviour without restoring any data at first.

Let me know how it goes!

Paulpaul1308
Visitor

> When are you receiving this error message?

At completely random times.

> Is it when performing a specific action?

No.

> Is there any change if you boot you tablet without a SIM and/or SD-card inserted?

No. I had an SD card present so I removed it, but the error persists.

I'll try out your suggestions later and let you know.

Paulpaul1308
Visitor

I took a bug report BTW, do you not want to see that? If not, can you tell me why?

Didrik
Enthusiast

Thanks for a swift reply and for the update! I don't think I need to see a bug report just yet, I would recommend you perform the repair first and if this is still happening after that let me know.

Keep me in the loop!

Paulpaul1308
Visitor

After using Xperia Companion to create a backup, I tried repair twice. Each time it failed:

Something went wrong with the software repair

Please try again later and contact Sony support if the error persists.

Error code: UELoginUnexpectedExit
Code_0

Paulpaul1308
Visitor

What does that error code mean when trying to do the repair, Google doesn't help:

"Error code: UELoginUnexpectedExit
Code_0"

Paulpaul1308
Visitor

Why has the support on this gone quiet? I'm not breaking any rules - I haven't rooted the tablet and my bootloader is locked, so why aren't I receiving any support?

I have noticed that systemui tends to crash when I receive a notification. I have also noticed that if something I had running - like a file copy, for example - completes and outputs a notification, then the system sorts itself out and I don't have to reboot. I tried using a different app (sending a message to the tablet through Join) to force a notification the last time it happened but that didn't work, unfortunately.

Like I say, I have captured a bug report.

Didrik
Enthusiast

Sorry for a late reply.

Regarding the error message you are receiving, is there any change if you reboot your computer and try performing the repair again in a few minutes? If possible, try using another computer.

As it looks right now I don't think a bug report is necessary, I would advise to complete the repair first. Let me know if the above helped!