Join now - be part of our community!

Tablet froze on logo screen

Yox
Visitor

Tablet froze on logo screen

So my Xperia Z2 is frozen on logo screen for a few minutes and reboot the system itself to the frozen mode, and start the same process over and over again. An infinity loop or something. What can I do? I don't wanna lose all data.

I also tried the safe mode pressing and holding turn on/off buttom + volume down, but it doesn't work. 

6 REPLIES 6
ChloeS
Contributor

Hi @Yox

Welcome to the community! 

Sorry to hear about this Slightly_frowning_Face

Do have a WiFi only tablet, or one that takes a SIM card? If it takes a SIM card and you have one in it can you remove that and see if you can turn the tablet on as normal without the boot loop?

Let me know Slightly_smiling_Face

Yox
Visitor

One that takes a SIM card but I never use it as that, only Wi-Fi. 

ChloeS
Contributor

Hi @Yox

Thanks for confirming that. 

When trying the combination of keys that you mentioned before, did you try holding the volume up key and power button for a full two minutes? If not can you try that then attempt to turn the tablet on as normal?

Let me know how it goes Slightly_smiling_Face

Yox
Visitor

I did that right now and still frozen. What more can I do?.

Yox
Visitor

I'm reading something about safe mode but I guess it doesn't work with the tablet frozen on logo screen, right?. What about PC Companion? I plug the tablet and Companion doesn't let me operate, should I do something else first?.

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Yox

PC Companion is discontinued and now there is Xperia Companion instead. Download/install it then try a software repair using Xperia Companion.