Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia 5iii battery drain and very hot

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Traveller23
Explorer

Sony Xperia 5iii battery drain and very hot

Hello, 

I am a long time Sony fan and have only used their phones for the past ten years so when it came time to upgrade, I opted for the 5iii but am shocked at the initial way the phone behaves.  I will admit, I have only had the phone for two days now but the battery life is shocking.

I am having massive power drain on the phone and it is constantly warm/hot to the touch, even when not using it.  I do not use the phone for gaming or watching TV, etc, if anything, it is always very light usage.  I have turned off all the apps and system resources that I do not use and the life of the battery is still bad.  As you can see from the picture below, after practically no usage, the phone has only a predicted nine hour battery life.  Is this normal or am I missing something?  If this is normal, I might have to look elsewhere for a new phone...

If anyone can help/suggest anything, I would appreciated it!

CheersScreenshot_20211024-111525.png

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.GB.title
Jwterhorst
Explorer

Hey traveller23. Thanks for the reply. Yes I did all that and it didn't work. Also the percentages don't ad up, the battery usage is way more than the total of what the battery menu shows.

profile.country.GB.title
Jwterhorst
Explorer

Hey EMS_MO72 thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the link, but basically al the suggestions the are a bit like: is your car using too much fuel? Don't drive it or go at half the speed you are supposed...

profile.country.GB.title
Traveller23
Explorer

Hello again Jwterhorst, 

Sorry that didn't work, how long have you had the phone?  I think that I was on my third or forth day of owning it before the battery drain worked stopped and and the phone recognised my limited usage.  It might be that you have a day or so to go before things go 'back to normal' as it were...  If not, then you might have a malfunctioning battery...

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Jwterhorst
Explorer

I have the phone for a month now. In the beginning it was ok, but it is getting worse.

Do you have it on stamina mode always?

By the way, it got worse after the last software update...

profile.country.GB.title
Traveller23
Explorer

Hello, 

I have never put the phone on stamina mode, thankfully it hasn't needed it.  I downloaded and installed the last update and the phone is just the same as always.  I am not sure what else to suggest apart from doing a repair via the Sony Xperia Companion or a reinstall...

I hope this helps.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Jwterhorst
Explorer

Thanks for the idea, maybe I'll try that.

Thanks again for the input.

profile.country.GB.title
Traveller23
Explorer

Hello, 

No worries mate, I hope it helps

Good Luck!

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi @Jwterhorst

I definitely agree with @Traveller23, if nothing of the above suggestions worked, give the software repair a shot and see if it will solve the issue.

Make sure to backup your data before doing this step.