Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 5 last update kill my phone !!

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
cccbadr

Xperia 5 last update kill my phone !!

• Dear developer Sony I want to give a diagnosis for the last update for Sony Xperia 5, I have suffered from slow in animation and many comments Q in opening applications and in multitasking and in fingerprint even the battery did not give its usual performance, I modified modifications according to the new update and as stated in the club did not fall any change, We want in the performance of speed in opening applications and multiplategate fast performance and save battery best device and Correction errors fingerprint reader became afraid to update the phone, Sony developers Sony, aim to update the improvement of the phone and not slow it to compare quality we find old Apple phones B six years good and excellent performance, the customer needs good care and not new phones, we know I use an economy class phone.Screenshot_20210807-182417.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

I would say: just let it settle and in a few days the software will have adapted.

The other thing you could do is read my post about backup in general and then do a software repair with Xperia companion.

Maybe something went wrong and then the best option is to resume.

Charge battery to >80% before taking action.

Share your experiences on this forum.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

I would say: just let it settle and in a few days the software will have adapted.

The other thing you could do is read my post about backup in general and then do a software repair with Xperia companion.

Maybe something went wrong and then the best option is to resume.

Charge battery to >80% before taking action.

Share your experiences on this forum.

Good luck.

profile.country.GB.title
cccbadr

Screenshot_20210809-151851.png

  noooo me friend

Piscie
Community Team

Hey, I believe this is a software glitch, I have the same Android version and it works fine with me. Have you tried software repair? Also have you tried to stop the apps from working in the background if you're not using them? Had it make any difference?

profile.country.GB.title
Preytheon

Did the software repair work?

I've had this a few times in the past, where I've had to uninstall + re-install an app.... or flush the compile /cache and get it to re-compile the apps, but I think the newer versions of Android compile on each launch.

I have this problem also. Downloaded an update earlier today, this afternoon could not access files folder and the battery ran down very fast. Now the phone wont even charge or turn on, Nothing its completely dead. 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi @adriancallinan

Sorry to hear about that. did you try to check another charger with the phone? and can you see the LED light a the top of the screen when you connect the charger?

You can also try to force restart the device by pressing and holding on the power button and the volume up key until the device vibrates once. If it didn't vibrate, keep holding the buttons for 2 minutes and check if the device will power on or not.