Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
adyjay33

Well I guess now your problem has been solved there is no need for you to be here or are you now here to make sure no other person can speak even though you really dont have a reason to be here?

Maybe like your friend Gary you dont like others to have a say?

What about those that do have a problem, can they say they have or are we not allowed to speak about it?

Just wondered...

I see you did not answer any of my questions, so I guess you are in the dark as most of us are about how Sony are not solving the issues they have made with these TV's. To be honest some people have had these TV's so long that they will probably fail due to age than get sorted out.

After seeing posts about how bad they are in the past and still in the present is it any wonder I complain when I have a problem?

I came here in the vain hope that Sony would be here to talk to us about it, obviously I was sadly mistaken, I mean it is a Sony forum after all... what was I thinking?

KD-55X8509C LATEST FIRMWARE
NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!
profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

I have never said you can't post so why should I stop. I have no Idea how to make your TV the way you believe it should be I am a TV viewer, no technical knowlege, just a happy owner. I will keep on posting, you and no one will stop me.

Kenneth_J

Then make a damn thread about how great your tv are *****... here we have issues... check out the thread title.... <profanity removed by moderator>

adyjay33

So why are posting to counter my negative posts as you stated in a previous post to me?

People with problems dont care your TV is fine, they want answers to their problems and everytime you counter what a person posts who has a problem you and others are just making their situation worse?

Cant you and others that do the same counter posting see this?

I rest my case...

NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!
frankie1g

This is odd conversation. But this thread is about faults and not working tvs.
I don't go on a health site with people sharing thier illnesses and  write ha ha I'm perfectly healthy thanks.it just would cheese people off and people would think im a dick.

Sent from my Samsung device
adyjay33

Well now thats out of the way, who can solve others and my TV problems?

Sony where are you?

NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!
profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

What's out of the way. I am still here. 🙂

Good luck with your problems.

adyjay33

Stating that I am here to get my problems solved, not to argue with people who just want to argue for the sake of it.

Stay as long as you like, but keep counter posting about your perfect TV, wont make the problems of others fade away.

NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!
julianblack

Hi All.

In answer to adyjay33¹s question re solving his and others TV problems. I
solved mine in a completely satisfactory and totally life enhancing wayŠ

I got John Lewis to collect the great picture, terrible everything else Sony
Android TV and replacing it with a reliable LG LCD TV. In the process, Sony
lost a loyal customer of over 30 years standing.
adyjay33

Gald you got it sorted... 🙂

What model was you LG TV?

NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!