Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
welchd
Explorer

I also have exactly the same issue. Frustrating as I only purchased the TV 3 weeks ago. What a inconvenience!

Dan

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@welchd wrote:

I also have exactly the same issue. Frustrating as I only purchased the TV 3 weeks ago. What a inconvenience!

Dan

Without the context of whichever post you were following up, we can only ask:-

which issue?

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
Cyberlife
Explorer

Hello

Less than a month that I've bought Sony KDL 43W805C TV

I updated TV And there was no problem, But in two previous day After connecting power and turn on the TV, image is displayed but no sound and TV could not be controlled via remote and the buttons on the TV And should pull the plug from the outlet and then connect again
How do I fix this problem

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Did you wait for about 30 seconds before unplug the TV?

We all have this 20-30 seconds freeze but then everything is OK.

Just happens occasionaly

https://community.sony.gr/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2148608#M42563

You can also try this.

• Uninstall all apps that you have installed on your android TV. Check through Settings -Apps. There must not be any Downloaded apps. Just System app and Running apps.
  • Disconnect and forget(delete) every Network connection on your TV.
  • Unplug every device connected via HDMI or other way.
  • Unpair any paired android or Bluetooth device(remote, keyboard etc)
  • Clear cache, if possible from all the apps by entering Settings - Apps - System app. You shall need patience since there are many many apps. It might last 30 minutes or more. You must see after clearing  every app cache a 12,00KB remains which is normal.
  • Reboot your tv by press and hold Power button for more than 5 seconds or via Settings-About.
  • When picture is On wait for about 60 seconds for every startup app to be loaded(discover etc)

• Then execute a Factory Reset following this procedure:

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/66442/kw/factory%20reset

profile.country.GB.title
andipr

Hi All,

I had a software update yesterday for my KD43X8309 (UK).

There was a generic paragraph about security/stability etc, but does anyone know of a link detailing the specifics on what the update included? 

Thanks.

My Model KD43X8309CBU
profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

@andipr Hi, No update for my KD49X8309C UK tv. Can you post back what version you now have.

profile.country.GB.title
rsebre

Hello again all :slight_smile:

Hope all is well, and that the troubles that have been plaguing this forum thread have been resolved. :alert:

The last several pages make for some uncomfortable reading shall we say.:smileybomb:

My TV (Sony X83C) has'nt turned it self on again for a while, but I'm still worried that I'm going to be off on holiday and the dam thing will turn it's self on again. Why does it turn it's self on? Has anybody got a fix, or at least a report/dialogue from a Sony rep as to why? :drool:

What I'm really disappointed about is the total ***** up on Sony's part to actually address any of the issue's Ive had. :smileyinfo:

I was told we where getting an update to our set's to enable HDR = No   :triumph:

I was told we would be getting the Playstation Ultra Video Library app = No :triumph:

And in the Apps for Android TV's there have been 52 apps available and no more for the last 6 ***** months. :smileyshame_on_you:*****! It's android, where the ***** are it's apps? If I put it in developer mode, yes, I can use my own apps, but when you put it in developer mode other features no longer work. What the *****???????:smileyshame_on_you::smileyalert:

I feel quite robbed and disappointed. I have chased Sony all over the ***** Internet for some form of ETA as to the missing features only at each junction to be told either we don't know or the generic try again later response. What the ***** Sony? What the *****! :triumph:

I'm going to try and take my tv back again, but my retailer - HBH Woolacott's of Liskeard refuse to take it back. What the *****!!!! :triumph:

Grrrrr!

All the Sony products in my house are going in the bin or eBay by the end of the month. I've never know so many lies from a hardware manufacturer ever. Total disgrace.

This tread was a comfort, but now it's awkward and doesn't help. :bomb:

Totally ***** sick of this wait a bit and see if that fix's it.Or doing a factory reset every week and having to reinstall my apps and log them all in only for around a week later to do it all again. What the *****?!?!?!?

It is 2016 isn't it? :zipper_mouth:

Sadly unoptimistic about my set. And whats the point in having dual sat tuners and dual freeview tuners if this ***** thing can only use one at a time? Who's ***** idea was that? What the *****? :triumph:

Also no On demand such as YouView when you have the itv hub installed? What the *****...:smileyshame_on_you:

A real let down. I might even do a video of me burning it and put it on facebook/youtube and such so everyone can see what a farce these sets are... :bomb:

Sony, you should be ashamed of yourselves. :thinking:

See you at the AGM with a whole bucket of ***** to tip on you and your profits. :triumph: Oh and if the Playstation 4 get's hacked this week and released too, you deserve it. You wont be using me as a revenue stream again. :triumph:

Poor show, poor show indeed.

Sorry about the rant, but it's deserved. :nauseated_face:

Kind regards :handshake:

Richard :sweat:

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

"I might even do a video of me burning it and put it on facebook/youtube
and such so everyone can see what a farce these sets are"

And off we go again. Mental.
adyjay33

Be very careful Richard because the Sony lovers appreciation society will come down on you and tell you that you are so wrong blah blah blah and their TV sets work perfectly blah blah blah...

I agree with your post 100% and no they dont help on here as they just want to argue.

If you can get rid of it do so... mine is rubbish and Im gonna buy a decent set and that wont be a Sony.

KD-55X8509C LATEST FIRMWARE
NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!
profile.country.GB.title
rsebre

Firstly, allow me to apologise. Sorry all. I did not mean to swear and for this I apologise. :thinking:

Secondly, after losing my temper (mental? - lol) (I'm very reserved) I contacted the Head Office of the people whom sold it too me. After discussing it with them, The set will be picked up on Thursday Morning. I had previously been to the shop that sold it too me (there are a chain of them) and the person that sold it too me had fobbed me off several times whilst trying to return it. One of the sales staff even said were not taking it back as we would never get our money back on it. :triumph:

It's going back. Simple as that. :skull:

Ive had it for 4-5 months and I've had to factory reset it a good 50 times plus. It turns its self on in the middle of the night, and it's a burden that I wouldn't wish upon anybody. :smileybomb::smileyztele::smileybomb:

As the poster stated above me, be careful as the Sony brigade might come after you Richard - Yes, please do.

I've worked for Sony previously. I did the VAIO Firmware and the Playstation 3 Firmware too. so if they want to lecture me about the ins and outs of the specifications let them. They all seem to be based on lies.

Most of the Logo's on the TV box shouldn't be there, and where slapped on but never implemented. :nauseated_face:

There also seems to be hardware revisions in the 2015 range that they refuse to acknowledge.

Check to see if yours is actually dual core or not. :smileyinfo:

They lied about the HDR Support and they also lied about the 4K Playstation App too.

I have also worked for Microsoft if that's any different. Both of them where good employers, but for the last 3 years their UNIX based systems/Android implementations and FreesBSD have been very poor. Thus their hardware that rely's upon it has had its basic functionality crippled. :anguished:

So to recap. I'm getting my money back (us British are easily fobbed off as we are never keen to have a confrontation you know. Stiff upper lip and all)

1) keeps turning itself on in the middle of the night.

2) 50 factory resets at least later...

I spoke recently to Sony, whom also told me there probably wont be any more Firmware updates after the next one either, as they are now concentrating on the 2016 sets. And that the Android in fact will not be update to Android N either. They also refused to discuss the obvious hardware revisions also.:smileyplain:

Why are their so many lies in the IT sector now? No wonder the industry is in decline as you never can "trust" what the big brands are saying anymore. :smileyshhh:

So to summarise. Thank you

Community_Administrator

for being a friend and also Quincuss (sorry chap if I've spelt that wrong) but enough is enough and it's took me several months to build up this point of actually returning it..

A £1000 pound for a set I have to reset and reinstall every week. No way....

Kind regards all you savy shoppers that have pointed out, I have rights and to exercise them. Just sorry it's taken so long to actually follow through with it..

Kind regards :handshake:

Thanks again :cool:

Richard :wave: