Join now - be part of our community!

KD-48A9 Wall Mount

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
steve.welham
Explorer

KD-48A9 Wall Mount

The user manual for the KD-48A9 OLED TV states when wall mounting...

”Preparing for Wall-Mount Installation
Make sure to attach the Table-Top Stand before installing the TV to the wall by referring to the Setup Guide.“

Presumably this is some sort of error? Why would you install the table-top stand before wall mounting ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
steve.welham
Explorer

No problem. I totally understand that for this new model there are likely to be errors in some of the documentation.

I should imagine it will be rectified by Sony in the next revision of the reference guide, so that it in future, it doesn’t mention fitting a table top stand in the preparation steps for wall mounting.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

If you read throughout the whole manual it says at step 5 "Detach the Table-Top Stand from the TV."

It is a suggestion in order to operate the tv (screw, connection, etc) while stable.

profile.country.GB.title
steve.welham
Explorer

The manual you refer to doesn’t seem to be the KD-48A9 reference guide supplied.

There are only 2 steps...no mention of detaching the table top stand from the TV.

Just seems strange to say “Make sure to attach the table-top stand before installing the TV to the wall”.

I’m referring to the section “Preparing for Wall-Mount Installation” on page 5 in the GB (English) section of the reference guide.
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

That's "preparing". Than if you go to the installation part you'll find the next step https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/E612/5e477fe7dfb60822f9e98868e3f590c0/E6121001M...

Anyway on page two it states "Be sure to subcontract the installation to licensed contractors " in bold letter

profile.country.GB.title
steve.welham
Explorer

Ok, you’re referring to the manual for the Sony Wall Mount Bracket.

This is nothing to do with that. I’m referring to the reference guide for the TV itself on page 5.
https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/5014/4adde6bb12715bfa47e42dd325c6f672/50147951M...

The erroneous sentence is in the wall mount preparation section, which could be for any compatible 3rd party wall mount.
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Ok if you think is wrong that's fine with me. As I said that is for me a preparation step to which should follow the right procedure for the wall mount chosen.

profile.country.GB.title
steve.welham
Explorer

No problem. I totally understand that for this new model there are likely to be errors in some of the documentation.

I should imagine it will be rectified by Sony in the next revision of the reference guide, so that it in future, it doesn’t mention fitting a table top stand in the preparation steps for wall mounting.