Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65X8509C sound cuts out

profile.country.GB.title
Spectre_Wulfe
Explorer

KD-65X8509C sound cuts out

I've had this TV a while now, the sound will intermittently cut in and out some times it will do this for about 10 minutes or all day.

It's very frustrating and I cannot get it to stop. After spending the amount I did on this TV it's a bit disappointing to have this happen.

Sometimes as well the backlight will also flicker, between bright and dull before settling back down to normal.

Can anyone help with this?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Spectre_Wulfe
Explorer

Can anyone help please?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The first two steps in the troubleshooting process is:

• Ensure that you have the latest firmware installed.  For your model TV, see : HERE
  • Once firmware is upto date, can you do a complete factory reset of the TV, see HERE

If the factory reset doesnt resolve the sound cutting out issue - do you have an external audio system like a soundbar or AV Receiver? or are you using the TVs internal speakers?

In regards to the backlight flickering etc - can you try turning OFF (or set to LOW), the following two picture settings in the advanced area and see if it makes any difference:

• Adv Contrast Enhancer
  • Black Adjust

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Spectre_Wulfe
Explorer

It's got the latest android update, is that what you're meaning by firmware?

I have a Sony sound bar attached via optical cable.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

To check if you are on the lastest firmware:

1. Turn on your TV and press the HOME button on the remote to display the Home Menu
  2. Navigate to HELP > Settings, and press Enter.
  3. On the TV screen, the firmware version number should appear like this: SOFTWARE VERSION vXXXX- if the version number is PKG3.533.xxxx or higher you already have the most recent firmware

Also, try setting the "Digital Audio Out" to "PCM" in the TVs sound settings.

If that fails to resolve it, try a factory reset, as mentioned above.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Spectre_Wulfe
Explorer

I've got the latest firmware.

I've done factory reset in the past and the issue persists.

Digital audio out is already set to pcm.

I'm currently running the TV without the soundbar to see if it occurs still or not.

profile.country.GB.title
Spectre_Wulfe
Explorer

• Turns out it's cause it's connected to the Google home app. Soon as I remove it, it stops doing this