Join now - be part of our community!

cd/dvd

nickie660
Visitor

cd/dvd

:slight_smile: Thanks for that,please tell me 1st how to back up my stuff as every thing i read tells me to back up on a disk,but i cant use mine as my drive went 2 weeks after 1st getting my Vaio i hadnt backed-up any-thing.I also never received any disks with my Vaio is this right as im being told i should of had disk incase i ever lost any-thing is this right?Can i still get 1,or once ive done what u wrote,and fingers crossed it works should i then back-up every-thing on disk? What should i do if what u have told me 2 dosent work and then need to re-program,every-thing involes using my cd-rom 1 way or other...This is my only computer,if i do this and then nothing can i call Vaio,me just so unsure i sssso dont want 2 make things worse:smileyconfused: but again,many thanks in advance.nickie660@btinternet.com many thanks,but.......

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Follow the guidance for exporting a registry subkey (see link in previous post) and save the file to your desktop.

If you really run into problems, but I doubt you will, it is possible to restore your operating system from the Hard Drive Recovery Utility by tapping F10 during the boot process. This will restore the C drive to ‘as delivered’ so you will need to move any data files that you wish to retain to the D drive.

If no disks were supplied then it is necessary to create your own set. Once your optical drive is working I suggest that you create your recovery disks by using the Recovery CD Wizard - Click Start, All Programs, VAIO Recovery Tools, and then click VAIO Recovery CD Wizard.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat