Join now - be part of our community!

Dead./dying graphics card...??????

249raf
Visitor

Dead./dying graphics card...??????

Hello Forum, I wonder if anyof you will be able to shed some light on this fault

I Have a VGN-S2XP, its worked perfectly until last week, yeah 6 months after the warranty expired! I had a plasma screen plugged into the screen output and it was all fine until i got a graphics error message and the desktop shrunk and to the minum 8 bit 16 colours!

I rebooted and it was the same.

It worked perfectly ok in safe mode although with not full graphic resolution, so i thought it must be a software issue and decided to back up all my data on a remote drive and run the recovery software from the hard drive, well it started and then I got a blue screen of death!

Now I cannot boot it into anything I just get a blue screen up. When the vaio word comes up on boot i press F10 and nothing happens, it just asks me if I want to start windows in safemode, of course it crashes soon after as it states that i need to run set up again.

Confusing or what

Do i have a graphics card problem?

a cable to monitor problem

I obviously now have a boot problem! and Sony do not give you disks so i do not know what to do next.

Cheers in advance for any suggestions

Ian

1 REPLY 1
gnomo74
Visitor

If you log on www.vaio-link.com, you will see a link for VGN-S users regarding a warranty extension for some VGN-S1/S2 models. Check if the conditions are applicable for your paticular case. If so, just call VAIO-LINK and they should know how to handle