Join now - be part of our community!

internet

kazzabezz
Visitor

internet

Just bought a Sony Notebook VGNS531S. Set up wirefree for Wanadoo Internet. Trouble is every time I turn it off it loses connectivity and I have to re-connect to internet. Wanadoo say it should be connected 24/7. Has anyone else had this problem? Wondering if its faulty laptop. Retail outlet suggests it could be one of the settings needs sorting. Thats why it is defaulting back when switched off. Any ideas.....

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Do you connect via a router?

William
Visitor

It doesn't really help very much but I am with Wanadoo and use a Netgear Router & Netgear Wireless Access point and everything is Hunky Dory on both my Vaio Laptop (Built in wireless) and my "Vaio" desktop.

I don't use any Wanadoo boxes at all.

I would think it is to do with the settings on your laptop.

Double click on your wireless network Icon on the taskbar and check that you are connecting "automatically" to your "Preferred Network".

kazzabezz
Visitor

Yes I do connect via a router. Its all built in with Wanadoo. I have spoken to ISP AGAIN tonight as couldn't get on line all night, they have told me that they think its because the Sony laptop has wirefree built into it and so isn't as compatible with Wanadoo Livebox as their own wire free adaptor (which they would obviously like me to buy.
My daughter knows a computer wiz who said that Sony is top notch and its highly unlikely to be the laptop thats the problem, Wanadoo are just trying to flog more stuff, and that Sony should be able to sort out the problem by perhaps altering a setting. I don't know though, sounds likely to me that the wirefree I am using is having to link up each time I power up the laptop whereas the Wanadoo is 'paired' and so wouldbe more compatible.:smileyconfused:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I happen to agree with the "Wiz" - they're trying to flog you stuff.

Have you tried connecting your ADSL filter from your phone socket to the router direct without their "live box"?