Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio DVD 16:9 on vaio vgn fs315m

Vaio DVD 16:9 on vaio vgn fs315m

how can i use all the screen to see my dvd in a real 16:9 ??i have a 16:9 screen but when i view a dvd movie always i also view the black part over and under the screen...how can i view in real 16:9 and use all the scrreeeeeennn??

11 REPLIES 11

ok but also when i play quake 4 the screen isn t full...the are the two big line on right and on left

simple solution for Quake 4, I have a VGN-S5XP/B 13.3" 16:10 format screen with a native resolution of 1280x800 and Quake 4 also runs in a "square" with two black lines (about an inch thick) either side of my screen! It was quite annoying in all honesty.

so what you do is the following;

press (ctrl)(alt)(`) to enter the console on the main screen
    1. then type the following into the console command line..
    2. set r_mode -1 (then hit (enter))
    3. set r_customWidth 1280 (then hit (enter))
    4. set r_customHeight 800 (then hit (enter))
    5. vid_restart (then hit (enter))

try it and see, it works, now I play Quake 4 in full screen and you can too! also Need For Speed Underground does the same, but their is a simple application created in Visual Basic to solve that even easier, if anyone needs this for NFS:MW then just ask away.

p.s. for the "set r_customWidth & set r_customHeight" just replace the end numbers "1280 + 800" with your screens resolution height and width. simple when you know how

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You can also try VLC from videolan.com