Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio DVD 16:9 on vaio vgn fs315m

Vaio DVD 16:9 on vaio vgn fs315m

how can i use all the screen to see my dvd in a real 16:9 ??i have a 16:9 screen but when i view a dvd movie always i also view the black part over and under the screen...how can i view in real 16:9 and use all the scrreeeeeennn??

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

No, Your screen doesn't have a 16:9 format.

William
Visitor

And even if you did most widescreen DVD's are not in 16:9 anyway.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You can maximise the screen so as not to see your desktop but this would still not be 16:9 widescreen

ok but also when i play quake 4 the screen isn t full...the are the two big line on right and on left

William
Visitor

I don't play Quake 4 but I would think the game doesn't cater for widescreen resolutions, but I could be wrong.............

so what can i do to watch it fullscreen?

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Start the movie, rightclick on the picture and check the settings of WinDVD for VAIO. Maybe you can zoom the picture to full screen.

But you can't do that in games.

William
Visitor

so what can i do to watch it fullscreen?

If there is nothing in the game options then nothing I guess.

WinDVD doesnt support 16:9 ( pre installVers. )Use other FREE DVD Decoder --> MEDIA Classic Player ( all Screen Formats and more ( depends on DVD ).

But no HIGH Def. Sound Support, only with WinDVD Player. As for Games, it depends on the Game itself, many use the Screen Fromat "full" others dont.

There are "tricks" to manipulate screens, .ini File change Res. there if poss. Check HDTV Forum, there are helpfull hints, how to play games at 16:9.

( lo se, pero mejor tarde que nunca :slight_smile: )