Join now - be part of our community!

Keyboard has stopped working

Tony-C
Visitor

Keyboard has stopped working

I have had my Z4 Xperia Tablet for about a year but the keyboard has stopped working. I have tried doing a keyboard reset but no use. The white light is on (and tablet and Kb are both fully charged). The Kb is shown as paired on the tablet.

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Tony-C

Does the keyboard need an app to be installed on tablet or it's just paired?

Tony-C
Visitor

Its the standard BKB50 keyboard. There is no app.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@Tony-C There might be an app, perhaps inbuilt. Go to settings - apps, show system (tap on the 3 dots first) and look for BKB50 in the list. Try to clear data for it.

alexdon
Tony-C
Visitor

No sign of anyapp called BKB50

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

In this case, contact your Local support.

alexdon
Zampano
Visitor

I guess you have already tried to remove the bluetooth pairing and then re-pair via NFC?

Maybe you can put the keyboard into pairing mode and check with a different device (laptop or another mobile) if the keyboard is visible at all via bluetooth.

When the device is paired and not working: have you chosen the Xperia keyboard in the settings of the tablet?

And maybe you want to check if all authorizations are assigned to the keyboard: open bluetooth settings and click on the cogwheel of the keyboard, check the authorizations.

BR

Zampano

MTR76
Visitor

I know this is an old thread but I like to add a possible solution. When you go into Bluetooth settings and tap the cog next to the paired BKB50, you'll see a check mark: 'configure as input device'. What worked for me was unchecking this, confirm the change and then re-check it. The keyboard started working again.

CosTina1
Visitor

I have same issues mine stopped working about 2 months ago and just cant get it working ,this is sooooo not good 

CosTina1
Visitor

Thanks MTR76 this helped my keyboard now works