Join now - be part of our community!

SIM network unlock PIN

SOLVED
tompajo
Visitor

SIM network unlock PIN

When I start my Z4 it wants me to enter a SIM lock pin to be able to use the 4G. What is this and what can I do?

Screenshot_20180809-215635.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jonas
Master

Hi again @tompajo!

It is both locked to a specific network operator and there are no attempts remaining, so even if you got a new code from the operator that locked the device, you would not be able to remove the network lock as there are no remaining attempts left.

As far as I know, an authorized service centre can reset the attempts back to 5, but as the routines for service varies between markets, please stay in touch with your Local support team as they are the experts on your market and will be able to provide a more detailed answer regarding these routines.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@tompajo

was the phone network branded? (locked to a carrier/network)

if not, did you recently flashed the phone?

tompajo
Visitor

The tablet is not branded and it's not flashed. 

Jonas
Master

Hi @tompajo, welcome to our forum and thanks for uploading a screen shot, that really helps!

The [x] next to Network means that the device is locked to a specific operator and the 0 to the right of Network means that you have 0 attempts left to enter a PIN code to remove the operator lock from the device.

In this case, please get in touch with your Local support team and they will assist you further as this is a Global user based forum and the routines may vary between markets.

I hope that helps!

tompajo
Visitor

hi @Jonas,

I've been in contact with Sony support in Sweden but they give me different answers depending on who I'm talking to. One said it's locked because too many unlock attempts and another said it's locked to a carrier. They're unclear whether it's possible to unlock it or not but they still want me to send it to Sony support for a fix. I don't want to send it to Sony and pay a lot of money if it's not possible to fix the problem just because the support doesn't know what the problem is...

Jonas
Master

Hi again @tompajo!

It is both locked to a specific network operator and there are no attempts remaining, so even if you got a new code from the operator that locked the device, you would not be able to remove the network lock as there are no remaining attempts left.

As far as I know, an authorized service centre can reset the attempts back to 5, but as the routines for service varies between markets, please stay in touch with your Local support team as they are the experts on your market and will be able to provide a more detailed answer regarding these routines.

tompajo
Visitor

Ok, thanx a lot.

Tom