Join now - be part of our community!

pcg too hot

gabriaio
Visitor

pcg too hot

my pcg-grv616g is too hot near the power cord (the electric plug) , the fan seems to work good. I don't know if it's normal. it's really very hot. Can you help me? thanks
:cry:

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Mine does get hot, but not boiling.

elmarkou
Visitor

my pcg-grv616g is too hot near the power cord (the electric plug) , the fan seems to work good. I don't know if it's normal.  it's really very hot. Can you help me? thanks 
:cry:

is he noisy?

kee-lo_

My GRX isn't noisy really.

gabriaio
Visitor

it's a little bit too hot, quite boiling.
it's noisy but i think because the fun is always on. If I change the configuration on silent, it's not.
Do you know some software to see the state of the fun, if it's working well or not, or if the temperature it's really too high?

thanks a lot

kee-lo_

Theres a program called MobileMonitor, google is your friend.

gabriaio
Visitor

I didn't find the mobilemonitor, but I read somethings interessant. I found a guy in German who had my same problems with his vaio. The problem, he said, was the dirty on the fun and heopened the notebook and cleaned it. See on the site
http://mitglied.lycos.de/innovations/
It's in german but you can see the pictures.
What do you think? should I do the same?
I'm I little bit worried about it...

kee-lo_

Well there's an alternative, using compressed air in the vents, this will solve the issue and you won't need to open the notebook up.

gabriaio
Visitor

I will try both. thanks a lot.

gabriaio
Visitor

Hi
so, I tried with air compressor and with a vacuum cleaner too, but didn't work. So I opened the vaio, I followed the instruction on that side I wrote you, and I found I heap of dirty, one cm thick. So that was the problem.
I remuved it and now the fun is already silent and the temperature is normal.
I made a picture of it. Visit my site: www.gruppo-sfera.com, on the wikipage the page is operazione vaio.
ciao
gabriella