Join now - be part of our community!

Can't do Screen Mirroring (miracast) and WiFi connection simultaneously

SOLVED
thanawat
Visitor

Can't do Screen Mirroring (miracast) and WiFi connection simultaneously

Why is it that when I use screen mirroring (miracast) it have to disconnect me from wifi? All my samsung product phone + tablet can use miracast and wifi the same time. Is this a software bug or hardware limitation cause if its hardware limitation i can return it before my refund period runs out. Its pretty usless for me to do screen mirroring without access to wifi (want to stream video of internet from wifi to my TV).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rickard
Master

This has been investigated and unfortunately it will not be possible to support Screen Mirroring and WiFi connection at the same time in Tablet Z.

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
Mattias
Visitor

I just purchased a Netgear PTV3000 and thought that I could use this with my Xperia Z, but the WIFI connection is closed when using Miracast. According to other threads in the Xperia forum, it seems that Sony is not fully supporting Miracast since Miracast it self supports up to 10 connections which should allow for connection against the local network and Internet connection.

According to this thread the Xperia Team has escalated the the problem but no feedback has been given. Are Sony going to correct this problem? As it is now the Miracast support is not usable....

Please (Xperia Team) give us some more info regarding this issue!

Johan
Master

Could you please send me your details in a PM, and I will forward this.

Make a relevant topic and include the following.

Name:

Phone nr:

E-mail:

Operator:

Product(s):

IMEI nr:

Build number:

Mattias
Visitor

Johan I've sent you a PM with all the relevant information.

I also included a few YouTube videos showing other devices such as Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and a Nexus device all using Miracast and WIFI at the same time.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Lukamus
Visitor

Johan,

I posted in the original discussion menioned above. Any chance I could get some feedback on if this is possible?

Thanks.

NoStream
Visitor

Hi,

same problem over here. Together with the 5GHZ WLAN problems this seems to be a no go, for the xperia z. I think it will send it back to amazon.

What a pity

I really like it.

Rodoe
Visitor

I too wonder what's happening in this regard. Bought the Netgear PTV3000 today as I wanted to use the mirroring feature of the Xperia Tablet Z. Since using the Wi-Fi via Sony AV-receiver didn't work to stream video.

Fix this, Sony. Other brands made it, so can you!

S_Horber
Visitor

Hey,

I'm realy disaponted too. Bought a bravia, two tablet z and many other Sony products for a cool home entertainment. But the central devise can't screen mirroring? I'm thinking about to sending it back too. Please Sony, why did you make such big ads about screen mirroring, when it doesnt work?;)

NoStream
Visitor

I had a funny conversation with Sony support today. The support guy said that it's technical impossible to do this. Mentioning my nexus 4 and my Samsung laptop doing it, didn't change his opinion.

Perfect support.

Rickard
Master

This has been investigated and unfortunately it will not be possible to support Screen Mirroring and WiFi connection at the same time in Tablet Z.